Monday, April 11, 2011

Movie Review: Your Highness - by Blake

This shall be my Love letter to Danny McBrideas I review Your Highness; remember, shock comedy is awesome, and this movie was a parody in its purest of forms. I’ve read other reviews where people were disappointed with the amount of F-bombs and gay jokes. I guess my only question for these reviewers is. Have you never seen anything with Danny McBride in it? East Bound and Down, and Pineapple Express are the first that come to mind? Hell even his K-Swiss commercials, they’re all chalk full of penis jokes. If you went into this movie thinking it was the next Monty Python and the Holy Grail, then of course you came out disappointed, but if you go in with the preconceived notion that “this movie is going to have one too many penis jokes in it” then why even see it. “I mean you’re going to a Shock Comedy, and you aren’t expecting penis jokes? Really?” thanks for that one TJ.

So anyway… The movie is definitely worth seeing. Yeah I laughed a lot during this movie, call me immature, I don’t really care, I enjoyed the movie. Among some of the funniest on screen chemistry I’ve seen in years between McBride and Franco, you also get the always beautiful Natalie Portman swinging swords and sporting a metal chastity thong, and Zooey Deschanel playing the would be virgin for the evil warlock to implant his evil seed in to create a dragon. I really don’t want this to turn into a spoiler so I’ll leave you with this.

Quote via IMDB triva "Although the film was written by writer Ben Best and actor Danny McBride, the dialogue is heavily improvised. Director David Gordon Green said there was never a script used on-set. Only the plot outline and written notes were used.

My score 7/10


“Haters gonna hate, and lovers gonna love”

No comments: